Sunday, November 27, 2011

Sewing Time!

I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving.  We enjoyed having our daughter Jennifer and our granddog Lucy here for several days.  Of course, we ate way too much, but it was nice to do some baking and cooking after spending the last year letting that little enjoyment take a backseat to sewing and quilting.  I have so very much to be thankful for---and I never forget it.  It's hard to believe that it's been nearly a year since the shop opened.  I've learned so much, met so many people, and made so many new friendships.  I'm very, very appreciative of my customers and those who have been so supportive of me and the shop.  THANK YOU.

Since Jim has gone to watch his favorite college basketball team, I thought I'd sneak in a little "piece time" on a cold, rainy evening.  What better to cut into than a pretty print that makes me think of spring!  This collection by Robert Kaufman is called Pretty as a Pansy and it really IS gorgeous.  With its great basketweave plaids in two greens and two purples, I'm thinking of baskets of pansies.

I've already put together one of the pansy prints with a cream print background and made half square triangles using Edyta Sitar's Laundry Basket Quilts triangle paper, which I haven't had a chance to try until now.  I can see why it's so popular.  After using only one sheet, I'm excited about participating in the exchange our guild is doing using this paper.  Because each sheet makes 28 half square triangles (all the same), an exchange is really the best way to go if you want a large variety of prints. 


I need to get busy!  As always, if anyone has a special pattern or book request, just let me know.  I'll be happy to order it for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment