Monday, April 16, 2012

120 Degree Triangle Ruler

I just finished trying out the new Creative Grids 120 degree triangle ruler and it's really neat!  There aren't many patterns available for this ruler yet, but the insert that comes with the ruler shows several different ways to use it.  I thought I'd try out a couple to see how easily they go together.  I used three 2 1/2" strips first and made some big triangles, then cut some single 4 1/2" strips.  I really liked the single ones (and they were fast), so I went ahead and put six of them together for a table topper, although I'm now thinking I might make more and put another round on it.  It could end up as a really great medallion for the center of a quilt. I think I might want to think a bit more about the color placement when using three strips.

My pictures aren't great, but you can get an idea of how they turned out.  I think you could make some really great geometric blocks with this ruler.



The ruler itself is very easy to use and has markings to make triangles from a number of different size strips.  If you look closely at the second picture, you'll see that there is a seam in the center of the bottom triangle section.  Yep, no set-in seams! 

That's it for today.  Hope to see you soon. 

1 comment:

  1. Love it your single star - just got the ruler and can't wait to give it a try.

    ReplyDelete