Monday, May 14, 2012

Ready for Quilt Market!

Vacation is over, but we had a wonderful time at the beach and fishing in the Gulf.  No record-size tarpon this time, but I did manage to land 130-pounder.  Believe me, tarpon fishing is exciting no matter what size you have on the line!!  We didn't get as much fishing in as we would have liked due to the windy conditions, but the winds sure did feel good out on the hot beach.  The weather has been beautiful here too, so if you're like me, you're having a hard time staying inside.  While all my projects sit and wait for me, I've been planting flowers, painting and just enjoying sitting outside!

I'm also gearing up for my very first International Quilt Market, which starts this week.  I will be heading out to Kansas City on Wednesday and will have a full schedule through Sunday.  I'm SO looking forward to it and hope to learn a lot and bring back lots of new ideas and products.  Thursday will be a full day, with the Schoolhouse Series.  This is an information-filled forum for manufacturers, publishers and retailers to present new products, techniques and books.  I have the opportunity to choose 18-20 classes from the more than 250 offered each 15 or 30 minute interval!  I have also signed up for several other classes during the following days with instructors such as Marti Michell and Deb Tucker.  I'm excited and hope to have lots to share with you afterwards.

The shop will be closed on Wednesday, the 17th, but will be open the rest of the week as usual. Stop by!

No comments:

Post a Comment